Foodies unite! Today is Food Day Canada, a day for each and every one of us to celebrate delicious Canadian produce and cuisine in one of the best ways possible–by eating it!
Showcase your tastes by using the #FoodDayCanada on Twitter and Instagram
Love a good meal? Who doesn’t. Do you also love to take photos of your fantastic meal and post them online? Today is your chance to flex your food styling flair. Take a photo of your plate and share it online, or you could show a behind-the-scenes look at how you shopped for or prepared your meal.
Other ways you can celebrate:
- Here are some ways you can take part in the celebrations this long weekend:
- Encourage your family and friends to post a photo to Twitter or Instagram using #FoodDayCanada.
- Take a trip to your local farmers market.
- Indulge in your region’s delicacies – load your plates with Alberta beef, PEI potatoes, Atlantic lobster, fresh BC fruit etc.
- Try out a new recipe using locally sourced food; Food Day Canada’s website has a wide variety of recipe ideas to get home chefs cooking like Canadians.
- Uncork some local libations or crack open a locally-crafted cold one.
Check out the curbside and delivery options your favourite restaurant offers, or try somewhere totally new.
- Connect with family across the country and share in a virtual Food Day Canada dinner.
Set up a safely distanced BYO backyard dinner; have a friendly competition of who can bring the best meal.
Cheers and bon appetit!
Food Day Canada